This past weekend I picked up our first seafood CSA package from Siren SeaSa. I’ll be picking up a package every other week, and this week we got 3 black cod fillets. At first, I really didn’t know what to do with them. Siren SeaSa posted a recipe for a hacked sous vide black cod, but I didn’t feel like eating it that way. Since I’ve been craving for Thai food, and I picked up some Thai peppers over the weekend, why not make fish curry!
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 Fillets, de-skinned 1 cup coconut milk 1 tsp Coconut oil 1 Tbsp Red curry paste, check ingredients! Vegetables(I used red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions) 1 small Thai pepper, a little goes a long way! 1/2 cup of water Basil for garnish
1. Heat a wok with coconut oil and curry paste. Mix the two together.
2. Add coconut milk and let the paste dissolve. Also add peppers at this time.
3. Add vegetables and let cook for at least 5 minutes.
4. Add fish, and stir. At this time, the coconut milk may have evaporated a bit, so add some water or more coconut milk. Let the fish cook.
5. Taste the curry, and adjust seasoning by adding a few splashes of fish sauce or more curry paste.
6. Garnish with basil.
Quick and easy curry dish, and tasty too! I love Thai food!
BTW, I’m writing this post on my iPhone while Lil’ AMRAP is sleeping on my arm. This is how I stay awake when I need to get up in 30 minutes for class at CrossFit Palo Alto. LOL!