02/28/2012 – Good Eats

29 Feb

Got up and headed to South San Jose to do the stairs. I didn’t want to be stuck inside on a treadmill today and since I signed up for the Fight For Air Climb, why not go to the stairs early and get some practice in. It was fun and I got in 10 rounds. Definitely felt good to be doing something outside with the fresh air. And look at the awesome view!

Anyways, today ended up being a bad day of eats. Not that I ate non Paleoish foods, just that I had too much of it and there was stuff out of the of meal plan. Confession at the end.

6:30AM(S1) – After the stairs, I had my usual SFH Whey PWO Protein Powder with 1 tbslp of Flax seed.

8:20AM(B) – Different day, same breakfast. No picture. 5 egg white omelet with 1 egg, 1 slice of Ezekiel bread, and 1/2 tblsp of Justin’s Classic Almond Butter.

11:15AM(S2) – Close to 4oz of sweet potato plus 3oz of ground beef as a yummy snack.

1:15PM(L) – Lunch was a salad plus 4oz of SousVide Supreme Chicken breast and roasted broccoli.

3:40PM(S3) – 3oz of Dave’s Albacore Tuna and 12 macadamia nuts. Ya, I ate 12 instead of 10. Don’t know what got into me.

6:15PM(D) – Dinner was super yummy and I probably ate too much salmon. Actually I ate too much in general today. SIGH. Gotta keep those hunger pains at bay. Pan fried salmon in a bit of ghee with garlic mashed cauliflower and sauteed kale.

Alrighty, my eating did not stop there. When I got home, I had a pork leg roast that was sitting in the fridge for a couple days. Nom Nom Paleo had been fighting with her pork leg roast because it was so dry after cooking it, but of course she found a way! So, I used her recipe, and decided to make this for hubby. I made the marinade a few days ago, and it was just sitting in the fridge. Why not roast it for hubby so he can have some protein to eat when he’s at work. He’s been working 12 hours lately. Yes, baseball season has arrived. Who would of known it would make the house smell so freakin’ GOOD! I’m serious, sooooo freakin’ GOOD!

After getting both kids to bed by myself, I checked on the roast and had to wait another 40 minutes for it to finish. I made the huge mistake of shredding it and taking a bite. All of a sudden, I couldn’t stop and I continued shredding and eating, shredding and eating. By the time I was finished, my tummy hurt and my mouth was filled with salty yummy sauce. Turned out, I should of cut the marinate in half, because I only had 2 pounds of leg roast(the recipe called for 5 pounds). The meat was so soft, not dry at all, that I couldn’t stop eating it! Finally I put all of it in Tupperware and tucked it away in the fridge. Not sure if this will set me back this week, but I gotta do some extra workouts or something. I woke up a bit swollen from all the salt I consumed. So there you go…I should not give into late night munchies. Or I shouldn’t of cooked the damn roast at all and let my hubby starve. 😉


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: