03/13/2012 – Good Eats, sort of

14 Mar

Hmm…I haven’t had much sleep lately. I knocked out around 8, and then woke up to Lil’ Munchkin’ crying around 9 and 12. I had to go into his room, and then woke up again around 2 because he still wasn’t asleep. Then I left his room at 3, and couldn’t go back to sleep. I really need to get my sleep habits under control. Must turn off the phone, and get a regular clock for the room. And I have to fall asleep in bed instead of downstairs watching TV. I don’t even make it through 15 minutes of a show when I plop down on the couch. LOL.

I got to work at 5, and twiddled my thumbs until my coworker came in so we could go for a run. We ran for about 4 miles, and then I decided to walk for a bit. Then we ran for another quarter mile. It was a tough run because the wind was blowing against us on our way back, making it feel sooooo long, and mentally draining.

It was an interesting day of eating. I pretty much threw up everything I ate from lunch on.

7:20AM(S1) – SFH Whey Protein with 1 tblsp of flax seed

9:00AM(B) – Finally I was able to eat breakfast. Same ole egg omelet with 1 slice of Ezekiel and 1/2 tblsp of Justin’s Almond butter. I was still hungry after.

11:15AM(S2) – 3oz of GrassFed Ground Beef w/ 3.5oz of roasted sweet potato

2:00PM(L) – I was so busy at work today, that I had to eat during a meeting. AND I forgot my broccoli for the day. Anyways, I tried to scarf down 4oz of turkey breast and salad. Wasn’t too appetizing.

4:30PM(S3) – 3oz of sous vide chicken breast and macadamia nuts.

This is about the time I started to feel sick and nauseated. Not sure if it’s because I was doing tedious work and my eyes felt like they were cross-eyed. I was just tired, weak. Sort of felt like my blood sugar was low. But I pushed on to get this damn software out the door. The embarassing moment was when I was testing this stuff, with other people, I had to excuse myself and puke into the trash bag. Yes, I puked my snack out. That wasn’t the end of it though. I got through the testing and it was finally time to go home. Walked to my car, sat in there, not sure if I was going to be able to drive home. I felt the urge to yack again, which I did. I yacked out my lunch.

Luckily, I was able to drive home, but felt really really weak. Stomach felt empty, but not sure if I could eat dinner. I took a quick shower, hung out with the kids for a bit. As I was about to put Lil’ AMRAP to sleep, the though of actually picking him up and putting him in the crib felt HARD! So, I went to puke again! WTH! I was still yacking my lunch and fish oil. BLEH!!! Sorry, so TMI.

But, I felt better after that. I managed to eat a little bit of salmon with mashed cauliflower, and sip on some bone broth that I had in the freezer. Hubby thinks it’s the turkey breast because it was old. Now that I think about it, it probably was the turkey breast. Not sure why I thought it was still good when it was sitting out in the car for a full day. DUH!

And yes, there were LOTS of times where I wanted hubby to just go get me some breadsticks so I could feel better. Luckily, I didn’t give in.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: