06/28/2012 – Good Eats

29 Jun

Howdy! After my rant yesterday, I still felt like crap and my stomach didn’t look too pretty either. BLEH! Here’s a pic of the jar of cashews. It was filled to the rim until I crushed it.

More importantly, what did I do today to recover from my nut binge. I woke up in the morning and did my 45 minute walk, took my greens, probiotics, and fish oil. Even though you can get probiotics from sauerkraut and bone broth, I still take a supplement in case I’m not able to eat my probiotics. As far as greens…well, you can never get enough greens(says Jen).

Once I got to my desk at work, I scarfed down an egg mushroom omelet with veggies and avocado.
There’s lots of brussel sprouts hiding underneath those eggs.

For lunch I ate leftover top sirloin with veggies and 1/4 of an avocado, and roasted beets.

I eat a lot of avocado on rest days. I usually take one avocado and split it into 4s. The servings is suppose to be 1/4 a cup, so I think splitting it into 4s is okay.

For my 3rd meal, I had leftover GrassFed Rib Eye with sauerkraut and nuked broccoli.

I had sous vide some pork belly last night, so that was going to be dinner for hubby and I. I also put some drumsticks into the oven and roasted it with cabbage. The pork belly turned out delicious! I marinated it with garlic powder, 5 Chinese Spice, Salt, and Pepper. I took the pork belly out in the morning and let it dry on the counter while I was at work. When we were close to eating, I put the pork belly in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes(door ajar). This made the skin a bit crispy. Of course, I didn’t really enjoy any of the fat. I peeled off the fat and just ate the meat. Surprisingly, there was plenty of meat to go around. Yummy!

My plate consisted of mustard greens with bell peppers, pork, and 1 small drumstick. I ate probably a little too much protein, because I picked at the pork while cutting it up.

The week is almost over! Day 7 of 100 Day Push Up Challenge done. WOOPY!

On a side note, I am going back to Yoga. I will try to go once a week at first and see how it fits into my schedule. I don’t want it to interfere with my time with the family, so I’m going to either have to go before work on Tuesday or Thursday or during lunch. It feels so rushed going at lunch, which is the exact opposite of how I want to feel, so I’ll play it by ear. Once a week is my goal.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: